Friday, April 24, 2009

Smoothie Heaven

I can tell when the season starts to change from winter to spring because I start to trade in my morning porridge and dried fruit for a bowl of yogourt and fresh fruit. Or, if fresh fruit isn't in season yet, a yogourt-based smoothie using frozen fruit. For me, it's important that I get a dose of protein and whole grains in my breakfast. This breakfast smoothie fits my bill, and fills my tummy, nicely.

Breakfast Smoothie
1/4 cup of oatmeal
1 small banana
1 cup of frozen mixed berries
1/2 cup of low fat yogourt
1/2 cup lowfat milk
1/2 cup juice (like orange or orange-strawberry-banana)

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!

For entire recipe: 410 calories, 17 g protein, 4 g fat, 83 g carbs, 34% RDA calcium, 20% RDA iron

No comments: